Thursday, March 24, 2011

Do We Have A Right To Love, Life, and Happiness?

Initially, when I set out to begin studying the nature of self, I never knew how crazy it would make me. After all, man's intelligence is only what he is taught, what he attains during his search for wisdom, and the guidance given to him or her from within. Therefore, not once did I assume finding the "light" out of darkness or "ignorance" would consume me emotionally; to the point of preventing me from wanting to be in the presence of others.

However, as I acquired knowledge concerning the laws of this great country, I couldn't escape the phenomenal level of wisdom that has been left behind, by those who rendered their energy to impregnate our thoughts with encouragement to become greater than we already are. As a result,  I feel obligated to share some of that empowerment with you.

The recent debates surrounding same-sex love is a waste of America's time. Not because I do not agree, but because the Constitution was enacted to provide all U.S. citizen the right to assemble. And, with that right, same-sex couples have the right to love, life, and the pursuit of happiness.

Unfortunately, the tasks we now face is learning how to relinquish past traditions, so we can embrace today's revolutionary concepts of thinking. Besides, in order for the country to move ahead as one, we must learn to embrace one another.

Therefore, if you are one of those individuals who lacks the ability to let go of the past, think about those who are no longer with us. Better yet, think of those who have fought for our right to be free, yet are not able to enjoy that same freedom, because they are no longer with us.

When you do, you will begin to see just how valuable freedom really is. So yes, we each have the right to love, life, and the pursuit of happiness. If only we learn to embrace one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment